Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Itinerary

I am going to be visiting four places on my travels over a period of 2 weeks.
Days 1-3: I will be visiting the San Andreas fault close to home, a place with a transform boundary responsible for the many earthquakes of California, including the infamous earthquake in 1906.
Days 4-7: I am going to go to the Himalayas, the magnificent result of the convergent boundary between the Indian and Eurasian Plates. I may even visit Mt. Everest!
Days 8-11: I am going to the Great Rift Valley in Africa, a rift created by a divergent boundary between two parts of the African Plate.
Days 12-14: I will end up in Hawaii to relax at the end of my trip. Hawaii was formed by a hotspot in the magma underneath the earth, creating the Hawaiian islands (volcanos). But who's going to think about geology when relaxing on the beach?

1 comment:

  1. You sound so excited about your trip! ~Randi
    doctorliverallover.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete