Monday, April 2, 2012

My Plate Tectonic Journey

Hello Blogspot! This post begins my journey around the world to view places where plate tectonics have created interesting geological features. So why am I doing this? I am getting older now, but I have been interested in plate tectonics since I was young. This is my opportunity to visit and learn more about plate boundaries and places in the world where plate tectonics has a huge impact.
It's amazing - the earth can change completely over millions of years. Continents that move as fast as you fingernails grow can create things as massive as the Himalayas or as deep as the Marianas Trench. They cause natural disasters like earthquakes and volcanos that humble us.
I want to see all of the wonderful things plate tectonics have crafted in this world, one place at a time.

Disclaimer: This is for a school project about plate tectonics, and I am not actually doing this.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alex- I really like your background and I read your itinerary and am super excited for your posts to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this blogspot fascinating! I will most certainly follow this blog further.

    ReplyDelete